Sunday 13 June 2010

Hi everyone,

Welcome to my Blog!

For those of you that know me you’ll know that I’m impossibly passionate about wildlife! Most little girls dream of becoming ballet dancers, movie stars or one day owning their very own fairytale castle.

I dreamt of being outside, living in a small wooden hut somewhere in the wildest parts of the world! I dreamt of being a Zoologist!

Of course at that time I didn’t know what a zoologist was, did or if they even existed, all I knew was that I craved the outdoors and I wanted to work and live with wildlife!

Growing up in the suburbs of post apartheid South Africa I happily spent many hours consumed by Jane Goodall’s books of her time spent with Chimpanzees.

Encouraged by my father who constantly surprised us with weird and wonderful animals he’d found stranded on highways my fascination with the natural world grew and deepened. My mother had an impossible task of keeping our small household zoo of chameleons, ducklings, day old chickens, snakes, spiders and an array of other creepy crawly escapees in confinement and out of the living and bedrooms in our house!

I currently live in the beautiful county of Cornwall in the UK and have just completed my BSc (Hons) degree in Applied Zoology and am starting to make my childhood dreams happen.

I often get asked what a zoologist does, so here I am aiming to keep a weekly diary of what I’ve been getting up to and what I’ve been doing along the way. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely "BLOG" Nicole. You are a clever lass and we admire you for all the hard work you have put in over the years we have known you. Studying and working. You keep loving and looking after this planets species. We and they all certainly need you. Well Done. And looking forward to reading the next installment. Jo, Gary, Poppy and Bo XX

    ReplyDelete